Monday, September 28, 2009

And the project continues

It's been a while. Now that we have a computer, I hope to get this update more and can hopefully figure out how to do a collage so that I won't have a long list of pictures. So lets begin!


September 27
This is the Maumee River. It is one of the bigger rivers in NW Ohio. Because it's been pretty dry this summer, you can walk "in" the river. The shorelines are pretty dry and you can walk on the rocks that would nromally be under water.
September 26
We went to Cedar Point, Americas Rollercoast (www.cedarpoint.com) today. This is the Max Air at night. This is only a few years old. You sit in a circle that rotates as it swings. It's pretty neat to watch. I however did not ride it.

September 25
A glorious sunrise on my way to work.

September 24
I went to dinner with 2 of my friends at the International Docks-The Flaming Pit Barbeque and Blues. We sat on the patio where you have a nice view of downtown Toledo.

September 23Yup, I won $40 on this bingo. I had to share my winnings with someone else becaused they bingoed. I would have more $ had I bingoed earlier. I didn't because one of the numbers wasn't lit up on the board and I thought I daubbed it by mistake. Oh well.

September 22
The first day of fall. The trees outside of my office building are changing colors. I can't wait to see my parents yard during the peak colors.

September 21
I go over this bridge every day to work and sometimes back home. The Veterans Glass City Skyway is only a few years old. Read more about it at http://www.veteransglasscityskyway.org/

September 20
While at my SIL's cottage on Sand Lake, we took one last boat trip before taking it out of the water for the season. There is a canal that takes you out to the highway. The water was so calm. We saw a few turtles, turkey buzzards and water lilies.


September 19
On our visit to my sister in law's cottage on Sand Lake, we ate at a restaurant called the Beach House on Clark Lake, MI. It was a great restaurant. As we were waiting to be seated, the sun was sitting on the lake.

September 18
This concludes my week of fun things to do in Toledo. This is the Willis B. Boyer ship (http://www.internationalpark.com/boyermain.html) It is open to the public for tours. I've heard that it is haunted. During Halloween, it is open as a haunted house.
September 17
Day 4 is the Toledo Farmers Market is at the Erie Street Market. It is open to the public on the weekends during the summer. I visited it during the week, which is why there isn't anyone there.

September 16

Day 3 comes from the Toledo Museum of Art Glass Pavilion (www.toledomuseum.org). The exterior walls are made of gass. This is where all the glass work takes place and where all the glass pieces are housed. It's pretty neat to take a look around, plus it's free to the public.

September 15
Day 2 is a wonderful time at the International Docks just across the river from Downtown Toledo. There are a few restaurants that you can sit at along the patio and enjoy a great meal along with a beautiful sunset (if it's not cloudy). They have Navy Bistro, Zia's Italian, Real Seafood Company, Tango Mexican Cantina and Flaming Pit Barbeque and Blues. Inside Navy Bistro, is Eileens Wine Bar, Courtyard at The Bistro, and Flying Rhino Coffee and Chocolate Bar. You can also dock you boat and get a bite to eat. This is a hot spot during the summer.

Septemer 14
I decided to take you on a small tour of fun things to do in Toledo. I'm only going to do this during the work week because that's when I'm downtown. Day 1 is Fifth Third Field. It is home to the Toledo Mudhens baseball team (www.toledomudhens.com). This stadium was built so the Mudhens could be close to Toledo rather in Maumee where their old staduim was located. Throughout the summer there are fireworks after each Friday and Saturday games.

1 comment: